Stockland Village Hall was named the Victory Hall in commemoration of victory in World War II. The hall was first opened in a temporary and second-hand wooden building located on the present site and officially opened in September 1950. The wooden structure was replaced by a new building and opened in September 1962 and later extensions have seen the hall grow into the well equipped community building of today. During its life the hall has hosted many clubs, village social events and celebrations, a pre-school and even a Doctor’s Surgery. Like many village halls it is at the heart of our community and provides excellent facilities for all.